There is something in the ProEx extrusion seminar for every level of experience. Whether you are an extrusion operator or an extrusion engineer, novice or seasoned veteran, you will gain practical application and understanding with the Paulson ProEx1 extrusion seminars principles taught in this seminar. It is an ideal class for anyone who wishes to understand the fundamental principles of extrusion or wants a scientific background on the extrusion process. There are no pre-requisites for this class and it will cover the following topics with a written test at the end for certification.
- The Single Screw Extruder: Parts and Operation
- The Structure of Plastic Raw Materials
- The Characteristics of Plastics for Extrusion
- Effects of Pressure, Temperature, and Flow
- Optimizing Extruder Controls
- Safety, Pre-Start, and Start-Up Procedures
- Steady-State Operation, Shutdown, and Maintenance Procedures
- Single Screw Extruder Troubleshooting
- Plant Management Topics
- Twin Screw and Sheet Extrusion Review
- Each day there is time set aside for team discussion, problem solving, and one-on-one with the instructor
Complete descriptions and pricing for Paulson courses are provided by Paulson. Registration for this course must be completed through Paulson Training Programs.