This course is designed for anyone getting molds into production or learning how to optimize the performance of existing molds.
Common mold bench test and start-up procedures are reviewed with the goal of getting students to better understand and question those procedures from the plastic’s perspective. The course then teaches a systematic Flow Grouping method for identifying and isolating root causes of variations seen during mold start-up.
- Mold bench test and start-up procedures and best practices
- Understanding common mold pitfalls that limit your process
- Optimizing mold debug and qualification
- Systematic Flow Grouping method for identifying and isolate root causes of mold start-up variations
- Fundamental plastic flow characteristics
- Myths of the Melt Flow Index
Complete descriptions and pricing for the American Injection Molding Institute (AIM) courses are provided by AIM. Registration for this course must be completed through the AIM program.